View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
I would say no.
I have a grade 12er at home. I haven’t taught her stocks yet but she was taught it in career planning course. They had all student buy 3 stocks with little to no knowledge. Almost all students lost fictional money. So now my kid doesn’t want to invest.
They also taught about credit cards. It’s a lot different being all smart and talking about risks but whole different scenario when your car breaks down and rent is due. My opinion is credit cards should only be had if you have positive cash flow every month. Then they are always paid off. Then you get the perks as I get a free trip to Vegas every year with mine.

Parents have to step up with finances, birth control and drugs. IMO.

I’d like to know what they invested in, and how long they were allowed to hold the stock? If she gets any lesson from that class it should be that it is very hard to make money on stocks short term.

In saying that if her teacher knew how to invest, he probably wouldn’t be teaching.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill