View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 10:48 AM

Chuck, what they are doing is NOT illegal. You may not like it but it is perfectly legal. The amount that shows when you check your cart out is the same charge you pay. They are not adding undisclosed charges to your bill after you complete the purchase. The one thing they are doing, while also no illegal, does violate their card services agreement, is charge an extra 4% for using a credit card. The Visa and MasterCard merchant agreements do not allow this, but that is between the owner and his supplier.

This whole bit seems like a huge distraction. Rusty Wood sells stuff that is hard to get anywhere else and the common stuff is a good price, even after adding the 10%. If you don't like their prices or how they price stuff buy somewhere else. This is still a free country, at least for now. Quit trying to tell business owners how to run their business, that is the crap the NDP thinks is right.

I have done business with Rusty Wood quite a few times. I have always found them very good to deal with and I never paid more than I expected, unlike ordering from Bass Pro out of the States.