View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I always tune my bow for field points, and test my mechanicals but never have I had to tune my bow to match my poi of my mechanicals to my field points, an the other hand I've spent hours tuning my bow for fixed blades.

The moose I shot last fall was with my T3's, and I'll add that I have never had such a thick blood trail. It was a foot wide and 60yds long. Amazing considering there was no exit wound. With the hard quartering angle, the arrow went in just in front of the front leg and all that was sticking out was the green Nocturnal. About 28" of penetration from 75yds with a mechanical head is awesome performance if you ask me.
That's great!! I have looked at the T3's and liked them but stuck with grim reapers.
Field point and mechs will usually fly together, just if the bow isn't tuned (which I understand you always have a tuned bow) they can have just as poor of flight as each other. The amount of times I have been at the range and seen arrows sticking in a target at 20 yards with a tail up, or left or right or down from POI is crazy.... these are the guys that shoot mechs because they "can't find a fixed blade that hit with their broadheads" then complain about "deflection" and "poor penetration"

My point is that mechs get a bad rap but I would bet that 95% of those complaints are from poor arrow flight in the first place.

Mike