View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
That's great!! I have looked at the T3's and liked them but stuck with grim reapers.
Field point and mechs will usually fly together, just if the bow isn't tuned (which I understand you always have a tuned bow) they can have just as poor of flight as each other. The amount of times I have been at the range and seen arrows sticking in a target at 20 yards with a tail up, or left or right or down from POI is crazy.... these are the guys that shoot mechs because they "can't find a fixed blade that hit with their broadheads" then complain about "deflection" and "poor penetration"

My point is that mechs get a bad rap but I would bet that 95% of those complaints are from poor arrow flight in the first place.

Mike
Good point Mike...its a fact that mecanicals were designed for the weekend Warriors that screw broadheads on the eve of opening season and head out...

However...As on the quartering shot...a fishtailing arrow is like a extreme quartering away shot...if your arrow is going downrange like this / - \ - / - \

and arrow hits critter like this / or this \ than that head has a huge chance of failure...

If an arrow is fishtailing with target or fieldtips screwing on a mecanical is NOT good to go!!!

Neil