View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 05:27 PM

With my moose... he let me shoot him twice.. after stopping him with a grunt after the first shot. Both grim reapers worked flawless.

Now.. the holes look bad.. but they were angled shots.

I used a dot in green to show where entry hole was on the right side for the first shot... and a purple dot to show where the second shot stopped on the right side hitting heavy bone after shooting him in the left side.

Green was a 10 yard shoot.. passed right through and the arrow stuck in almost halfway up the shaft in the dirt. The blades were not bent.. and is now a coyote head.

The purple was a 23 yard shot. The arrow looks bad.. but it worked its way out funny looking like a bad hit. If not for the heavy bone.. im sure it would have passed through too.
As u can see it was an angled shot and the Reaper still worked

72lb bow... 378 gr arrow 85gr grim reaper razor tip.

Both sides of moose looked just as messy.. and the blood trail could have been followed by a blind man.

I really dont know why im playing with fixed broadheads at the moment.. but ive found some that are flying bang on. I really should just use the reapers. Lol the moose didnt need a second shot.. and would have probably fell close after i stopped him for the second shot. Ugh