View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mm rem View Post
I personally think the rules we have in place now are fine regarding eligibility of crossbow use. I respect those who use them with a permit during archery season and those who like a challenge during rifle season. What motives other than laziness would anyone want to take the easy way out and use x bows during archery season, if they are not disabled ?
I'm on the fence.... As far as chasing animals through the bush a compound is the way I would go sitting in a treestand or ground blind I would more than likely buy a crossbow as I see the clear advantage in not needing to draw a crossbow however this might not apply for all crossbows but they seem large and awkward to carry through the bush.

While I enjoy bowhunting and shooting archery I only bowhunt because that's what I'm allowed to use dependant on area or season. I would rifle hunt if I could.

The true reason I am on the fence is that I feel if crossbow hunting becomes legal many more hunters will become bowhunters resulting in more traffic and competition in the bush, maybe higher harvest rates and possibly more tags on draws.
Although most animals are on draw already in areas I hunt and if an individual only gets one tag whether bow, crossbow, muzzleloader, shotgun or rifle so I guess does it really matter?