View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
I’ve hunted the last 5 years north of Wandering River down both 881 and 63. I’ve never seen any sign of Elk up this way. Not saying there couldn’t be any but they would be very few and far between.

We need someone like Cat to chime in. If there were ever any spotted up this way he’d know...
There was a herd of 250 planted on the Fort McMurray in the early 90's .
The Rocky Mounrain Elk Foundation head a meeting up here, I attended it as did many other Fish and Game Association members .

We were told them that there was a thriving heard on the other side of the Athabasca river breaks in WMU's 518 and 516 .
A couple of years after they were planted up here , I saw two right at meadow creek on the east side as I headed to Engstrom - two cows .
There was a clearing there that is now grown over .

We have seen cougars right in town ( last year) grizzlies not too far south (House river area and Conklin areas) so there is have no doubt in my mind that there are still elk in secluded areas up here

Last edited by catnthehat; 02-01-2018 at 10:18 PM.