View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
ahhahahahahahhahahahhaahah....i think this dude forgot what he wrote on page 8
I just found this from 2010.

http://www.srd.alberta.ca/ManagingPr...t/Default.aspx

Scroll down to unwanted Yellow Perch in stocked trout ponds. You can read that Nicholas Sheran is listed in the updated list of ponds. Which means that last season you could have kept 15 perch from there. However, in the April 2010 NOTES portion, it states:

"Q. What’s the strategy for dealing with perch in trout lakes? A. SRD response consists of education and removing incentive for act: signs to be placed at stocked waters; info included in Sportfishing guide; no harvest allowed of perch in trout ponds; hefty fine for illegal introductions, and guilty may be responsible for costs of restoration. Strategy may evolve over time.
o Closing a perch-invaded trout pond to all fishing is an option to be considered. This is done in BC. Consultation would have to be done, and a defined process followed."

as well as this:
"The point was made that some anglers likely prefer perch over trout, particularly youth. Maybe having perch in these ponds is a desired state? A suggestion was made to post a list of waters in which perch have been intentionally stocked, so inform anglers who want to target that species."

So they have confused me all over again. I would take this to the fish and wildlife office if I wasn't in Sask right now. They made it clear that you were allowed to keep perch in the 09-10 season out of Nicholas Sheran. But I have no idea if that still stands. Any thoughts?