View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 PM

Sounds good to me. The 383c has dual beam sonar so its not designed for 'only' ice fishing at all. Yet
Quote:
The 300 Series saves space, without compromising on performance.
, Thats probably why its a popular choice for people who do both, Hard and soft water fishing.

The '383c ice fishing combo' I seen had a gel type battery, which might be what you want out in the cold.

I wonder if you could disguise the camera as a rock or something not as 'alien' as a plastic fish.

Personally I'm still on the fence about cameras. My childhood curiosity regarding "what it looks like down there" hasn't died, and it would be cool to peek at spots. Yet Spotting fish with it would feel like going to a feed-lot to hunt for Cows.

When I was a kid we used to catch Perch and watch the fish look at your lure, which is about as 'unsporting' as a underwater camera, I would think. I almost wanted to buy the $130 camera at C/T but I'm sure its a P.O.S, and I'm not going to spend hundreds on a camera, personally.

I would think Ice fishing would be the only real use for a camera in the lakes around AB, due to the clarity of the water being so poor in the summer.

I think I might as well wait till early spring, since at the rate of technological device depreciation, the one I'll buy now will be cheaper, enough to wait.