View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentam View Post
when i first found this thread i was at a loss of words. i dont see how anyone can do this to the fish. so what if you get burbot and dont want them. you could atleast put them back for someone who does want them. people always wonder why species keep going extinct on our planet, this is exactly why it keeps happening. so many people have no concern about how there actions will effect the environment. in my opinion the people who did this to those fish should be stripped down and thrown out on the ice just like those fish were. it is absoultly disgusting how those fish were treated. this is one of the reasons i want to become a f&w officer. i have currently made 17 phone calls to fish and wild life offices that deal with the location. i have also been incontact with albertas government multiple times.
I have seen first hand when i was 5-10 years old, the population of burbot go from thriving, to extinct in one of my favorite perch lakes. I used to remember 20 years ago, driving on Blackstrap lake in sask, and passing dead burbot after dead burbot, left to waste. DNR had to hand out flyers to fisherman while they were fishing and show them how to clean them and cook them. Now in the past 10 years i havent heard of one being caught.
I hope something is done about the waste, at least find a way to use the dead burbot somehow.