View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 03:30 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
The little man has been on a couple bison hunts already, although they were the zama hunts. That being said 40 kms from the truck is 40 kms from the truck regardless of where you are.

As for breaking down a bison I’ve done a dozen so far, so I’m guessing these ones will be no different.

Friends of mine hunt them every year successfully, so I’m sure we’ll be able to locate them outside of the park. With 3 or 4 Super Wide Track Skandics and skimmers there’s no place we can’t go I don’t imaging.

Also being they aren’t game animals we can fly around before hand and make sure they’re in a reachable spot. Take the boy up for some flight time and see the north country from the air, he loves flying too.

Thanks for the heads up and info
I kinda though you'd know what you were up against.

My post was more for those who might think it sounded easy.

My friends thought it would be easy, they learned the hard way.

There should be a plane and pilot available at the Fort, talked to one a couple of weeks ago and he talked as if they had a tough summer up there.
You might even get a discount.

I love flying as well. I even took lessons when I was in high school but didn't have the finances to complete the training. It's something I've always regretted, not being able to get my pilots license.

George Bernard Shaw