View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 12:11 PM

Don,

My memory isn't great but I recall when the ACA was concerned about liability issues around aerators a few years back and a number of decent stocked lakes lost trout to winterkill.

A lawyer ( bless his heart, they're not all bad) from the Edmonton Trout club said he would step up and take responsibility of any liability issues
regarding Spring Lake.

From what I recall he was convinced that a 100 year old law would not be enforceable ( probably not the correct "legal" term cuz I'm not a lawyer ) if there was proper signage to warn people and it would be thrown out of court.

Thanx to him and an agreement with ACA on this particular lake, the aeration took place as usual and there are still a couple good sized trout left in the lake.

(It's not the same lake it was three or four years ago due to much more pressure and poaching but still a reasonable lake for a put and take.

Never having fished Police Outpost I can't speak for it's merits but it does sadden me when another QF is shut down for what I'll call political reasons.