View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 12:32 PM

I like how everyone on here is talking about ethics, and respect. It is all just lip service for the most part. I have seen first hand what other hunters do to eachother when the chips are down. I have seen nice 2 person tree stands destroyed, and left in the woods because somebody else beat them to the spot. I have seen people wave as they tear by on their quad on public land before noon, to beat me to a spot that was an hour or two walk. Most people on here will talk a great game, but when the time comes to walk the walk, they fall short. If it is a wooden tree stand on public land that somebody else built, the builder has to expect that someone else is going to use it if they find it, I know I would, I have. If I see a truck parked at the entrance to my favorite spot, I will keep on driving, there are still enough bushes for everyone...just to repeat what has already been said, a person cannot claim an area by erecting a tree stand made of lumber. In regards to the outfitter, if what was said is true, he is a jerk, and when his stands are found, they should be removed. It is bull to think that you own the place just because you built a structure on it without any permission from the crown.