View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 02:22 PM

Well, you all can leave the fort if you want to, but it is silly to yield your spot to someone just because they built a fort there. You woke up earlier, you should be able to hunt there. If the guy who built the fort shows up, it is his tough luck, he should move on. If he refuses, and stays then he better stay with his fort forever, because I am going to remove it when I get a chance. It is silly to assume that one has a right to something just because they may or may not have built a fort there. This topic has always been a contentious issue with mixed reviews, but the fact is that if it is public land, you have no right to erect a structure and proclaim it yours. If you don't like others using it, then take it with you when you leave. Most people won't sit in these wooden stands anyway, many of them are not built very well, and could be more of a hazard than they are worth. After all, if the forest service finds them, they place a notice to remove the structure, or they will do it. Personally, I could care less if someone is in a stand that I built. You beat me there, so I won't be sitting in it anyway, so somebody might as well use it.