View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmedlap View Post
a variety of boats, including inflatable zodiac 11', 12' tinner, canoes of several lengths, 12' flat bottom. It appears, from your above comments, to me, that the inflatable (so long as you get a good one) would be by far your best bet. It is the most "adaptable" by far, in terms of getting it into more remote places, can handle any electric and small gas motors (or even both at once, as mine did in its later years),and is transportable, assembled or unassembled, to almost anywhere, with or without a "truck". It is very safe in unusually inclement windy conditions on larger water(you might get wet, but you won't sink). It can be transported, assembled, etc. by one person, when necessary. It can be used (or adapted, as mine was) on rivers, even fairly severe "white water". Of all the boats I have had or used, by far the most versatile and economic choice for remote and small water bodies.
Interesting...not something I gave much consideration to. I always kind of wrote off the inflatables as "cheap" and "less desireable" with the exception of a zodiac or equivalent. No reason other than my own ignorance I guess. You make some very good and valid points. I will definitely look into this. Thank you.