View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Easy there Dean....just like the oil and gas sector was the last thing a guy should invest in. Etc etc. That sectors up 40 percent since I got in. Thank god I didn't sell, they were down about 10 percent and I was getting jittery. This market is a crap shoot for anyone I guess is what it amounts too right deaner?
Go back and re read what I posted. I never said bail out of oil and gas if u were holding it. Bailing out at the bottom is never a good idea. Selling it off on this recovery however would seem prudent. What I did say was that even at the bottom it was not a sector I would buy. Yea it is up 40 percent, so are the banks and utilities, so u tell me, which are the safer longterm bet. Amazon Microsoft, Google are up nearly 100%, so if you had new money to put to work which was the better buy?

For guys that actively trade there are lots of sectors to buy, Tesla has been outstanding opportunity over the past 12 months. Most of the stuff I write is aimed at the average guy who is a long term buy and hold type investor. What makes sense for more active and knowledgable investor who puts a lot of time into staying up on the market does not make sense for 90% of the rest of every day investors.

You do whatever works for you and I hope it works great.