View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 09:33 PM

Im getting a few pm's and texts on what is still needed, thanks to everyone for asking

at this time

we are still needing 500 hot dog buns to complete the food service

500 hotdogs will be purchased from M and M meats at a discount
Mustard and Ketchup will come from Calgary co-op
bags of chips for the kids will come from Frito Lays
A custom slab cake will come from Calgary co-op.
Macdonals will provide 2 barrels of orange drink and cups

Fishing combos will be proivided by Normark/Rapala with suffix pro mix line

Zebco/Quantum has donated ball caps for every fishing volunteer to wear so the kids can identify all the guides easily. It will also make policing the event for non registered volunteers.

The Calgary Fishin Hole is providing hooks

Pro staffer Marvin Koizumi has made a huge donation to this event that will also carry over for further events too.

Jims jigs will provide the hooks

HorseTrader has kindly donated ice scoops for the event for the lids use.

GL2 has provided 300 ice teas, 400 hot chocolates, plates, cups and napkins. Him and his wife will also donate many hours making the participation awards

Bait has been purchased,,in the form of 1500 smelt

Wayne Christy has donated toilet paper and hand sanitizer, plus has been a big help as a advisor

TFG has donated the propane and is in charge of the equipment and big tent details.

Monies have been donated by HorseTrader, Mikeo and family, Ogre, a generous anonamous donor and my family, to offset costs like legalities, permits, participation awards and other non donated goods.

Some volunteers have also donated their use of tents and augers and cameras. Please contact "The Fisherman Guy" so he is aware of how many tents will be coming. Its vital we know so we can set up a mapped grid of the event.

Thanks to all and if ive missed someone, send me a nasty pm for forgetting you to wake me up.

A few other donations are being discussed but i have yet to recieve or confirm them. I will do my best to update

We are still discussing the rental of 2 porta potties. The area we plan to fish has two government bathrooms but with 150 people in total we fear the little ones might not be able to do the pee pee dance for long.......the cost of the porta potties is quite high due to travel times. I will update later on whats decided.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a kid will have a day to remember because of your generousity

Last edited by chubbdarter; 01-02-2012 at 09:46 PM.