View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
Couldn't agree more and as I've said in previous posts before. The bio's missed the boat on this point by a thousand miles no question.

Your dead wrong on this one. After several years of recovery, Long Lake was opened up for 2 weeks to allow a harvest of 1 Walleye. The Walleye fishery collapsed again only after 2 weeks. GPS, sonars, imaging, underwater cameras, GPS guided trolling motors, advanced lures & tackle, quads, skidoos, SxS, inflatable float tubes... we have an unfair advantage. Whether it be technical advantages or pi$$ poor fisheries management decisions, us humans have the ability to impact things with a flip of a switch.

Agree with most of these points here as well however what do any of these points have to do with harvest management by fisheries?

Just a hunch, do you think that the water levels for "your" neck of the woods Garner, Mann, Floating Stone, Fork, Muriel... are due to the Oil industry? If so you need to get educated.

If you think the problem only started 15 years ago you are unfortunately very ill informed. Futher more I'm pointing the finger at all of us anglers not just you in case you missed that. What would be interesting is to see your viewpoint on what solutions you would implement to correct what you see as being wrong. Like most, you have pointed a bunch of fingers but are silent and it appears unwilling to participate at any level in contributing to improving our resource.
Amen!!! Great response Penner. I was thinking the same things but held off on responding to Brandon since it really was a response to your post.

Cheers!