View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrodfisher View Post
Whether I do...or not...is not the point.

The title of this thread is "Increased fishing licence sales do not equate to more stocked fish"

People seem to think that by increasing licence fees or adding seniors to the mix that they will magically get more stocked fish.
What I am trying to do is get people to understand how their licence fees are spent.

If they want more stocking...then approach AEP...increased license sales won't get you there.

We can open another thread to discuss whether or not the fee money is spent wisely if you wish.
Are you saying saying they don't but any fish at all? Because according to the website you are referencing they do. I understand that AEP stocks 10x more fish than the ACA. The original thread was basically playing what if?? So IF we are broke and the province cannot afford/justify stocking fish THEN licenses will have to increase (user pay). IF that happens the extra funds would have to go towards stocking.

Should everyone bear the burden or just some? It has been raised already that there are way more important things going on than stocking fish in a pond. Things way more worthy of our tax dollars.