View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 PM

Well I'm going to fight one just received.... Leaving town 62 in a 50 with the front of my truck almost even with the 60 speed sign. Revenue fishing hole.

#1) This is from the province photo enforcement guidelines.....but what do they care about following them when there is money to be made...."The use of automated traffic technology in speed transition zones must be justified and reasonable, based on the site selection criteria. Automated traffic technology should not be used in transition zones, when a driver is approaching a higher/lower speed zone and is within sight of a higher/lower posted speed sign, unless there are exigent and well documented safety concerns that would justify its use."

I will be requesting disclosure and evidence on the spot they were printing money versus the intersection 400m behind me, and versus the direction of travel of these accident. I want proof of them meeting the above guidelines verses screwing people in transition zones for money.

#2) met the person still fishing at the spot. Using a hand held, sweeping through branches, high angle of shot, etc. Did my research on errors, obstruction, shooting through glass (my canopy window), angle of target movement, not on mount, etc. Pretty sloppy and careless and more focusing on the great fishing spot. They tagged two while I was talking to them in the one or two minutes I was there.

3) this is a $90 dollar ticket, but it will take me a full day in court to present my evidence, the math, the error factors, question the operator. But I'm going to ask for all tickets in that spot to be thrown out and refunded.

I watch my speed and try to be within reasonable tolerances, but this ticket is just a slimy scummy way for the town to be parasitic and solve their own budget stupidities.

I've said it before and will say it again......as we all learn that speeding costs and we will be caught, that they are preying on errors and transitions not safety we'll learn their tricks and habits and spots and our habits will change to try to be within the tolerances, but what will the system do as the revenues dry up????

The municipalities are now budget dependent on the revenue, the contracting companies are expecting it, the extra peace officer positions are funded within the budget by this revenue, as are the employees operating, collecting, processing this revenue.

It is a drug addiction that eventually will need to manufacturer its supply, by find more and more devious ways to keep the money flowing. It creates a situation where enforcement of the law is nothing more than parasitic necessity by govt.

Iit destroys the trust between citizen and govt. And worse yet our view of the law enforcement system, even their view of the citizen as nothing more than cattle to be milked and eventually bled, to sustain them.

Last edited by BlackHeart; 03-05-2013 at 10:01 PM.