View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Something to think about.

If you don't ignore traffic laws, why would you care what I say about a possible tie between ignoring traffic laws and ignoring hunting laws?

People need to understand that this is a public forum. Some things are better left unsaid.

It has been said, not only is it important that justice be done, but that justice be seen to be done.

Those are wise words, and very applicable to hunting.

For those who don't get it, let me spell it out for you.

Not only is it important for us to be seen to obey all hunting laws, it is important for us to be seen to obey all laws.

What a person does behind the wheel may seem to be unconnected to what they do when hunting, but the public may not make that distinction.

What I'm trying to get across is that many people would probably assume that if you ignore one law you most likely ignore others.

Call it unfair, call it unlikely. But consider this, if I am right then you have made yourself look very guilty in the public's eyes. Never mind what I think.
I'm just one person and I'm sure not going to vote to end hunting.

But the non hunting public may well vote to end it if they think we are a bunch of law breakers.

As hunters, we absolutely have to put our best foot forward if we are to have any hope of a future in hunting.

Let me be absolutely blunt. If you break the law, any law, have enough common sense to not admit it publicly.

You may disagree with me. You may chose to ignore my warning.
In the end, it matters far less to me then it does for you.
I don't have a lot of hunting years left in me.

How about you? Are you willing to gamble your hunting future on me being wrong.
Keg,

First of all I don’t hunt. I am fairly certain my “hunting future” is safe. Thank you for sweeping me in to some broad generalizing statement which you can not substantiate. You simply can not draw the conclusion that anyone who disobeys TSA rule automatically breaks hunting rules. That notion is absurd. You have yet to back up what you are claiming.

Second you have made allegations on what you perceived to have witnessed from an alleged avid outdoorsman.

Third, Third party testimony is easy to discredit and rip apart. Sure, LEO’s can act on third party accounts however if the LEO did not witness the event first hand, chances are that the charge sticking are slim to none. “experts” really mean nothing. There have been a few cases before the courts where “experts” have testified. These “experts” have later been found to have a few skeletons and soon discredited. Even the LEO’s are supposed to be “experts” however if you look at the recent conduct by the EPS… here is a link for your review… Lie or commit perjury much?? http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ce-report.html

Fourth, I have been wrongfully charged under the TSA by a few questionable LEO's. Each time I have challenged the tickets and had them successfully withdrawn and discredited the LEO in the process.

Fifth, I have yet to admit or post about any laws broken. Please re read my post and try with a little better reading comprehension.

There is not One person here who has not committed a TSA violation. By your logic and statements everyone on here is a hunter and committing horrendous crimes while hunting.

This thread was originally about photo radar, you derailed it by getting on your soap box. Please confirm your allegations that everyone who commits a TSA violation is a hunter and willfully violates hunting laws. Please back it up with statistical data, irrefutable evidence. If you can not back your allegations up, may I kindly suggest you step down from your soap box and refrain from throwing sand in the sand box.

Last edited by NEWB; 03-07-2013 at 09:47 AM.