View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 07:31 AM

Default so.......

What do they do about it in Sask?

and why is it NOT in Manitoba...? They test there and they have not discovered one single case...

am I missing something?

I am going to talk with my local butcher...... all I give him is trim to grind.... and I don;t do that till late Jan cause I figure he's all done by then and he's cleaned his gear up pretty good by then.

I cut up my own and I figure that mountain elk and deer will be the last to get infected.

Prions are mutated proteins..... not a bacteria... not a virus..... and they stay on plants... get absorbed into plants from infected ground.... this is pretty damn serious stuff.

Its not like you can bleach the ground.

Fire dosen't seem to effectively remove it either.

If all the data I've read is true.... this could be the slowest moving unnoticed public health disaster to hit us... if it can cross back to cattle and humans easily. And that should happen if the prions are able to mutate... which, well they should.. cause they have already.

Sad state of affairs for more than just hunters. Serious public response is needed, but I suspect its too easy to avoid, refute, or pass the buck politically because its a complex issue that makes voters' heads hurt.

Honestly.... I may give up hunting big game if the disease reaches my mountains.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."