View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Im willing to support some changes if some basic provisions can be met
1- the choosen lake have other lakes relatively near by that remain governed by the regulations present now. This allows the other group to keep fishing as they please.
2- if possible a days fished log is estimated or kept. Sadly in some cases this method isnt fair but it is the era of if you dont use it be prepared to lose it. Im by no means suggesting killing every project lake, especially if successful.

i appreciate everyones....well you remember way back when stories.....but the fact is things change in life and many things cant be reversed.
i still know of some very good quality trout waters in alberta...thats a fact
do i lock all my doors of my truck when i go fishing.....yes....back 15 years ago...no...thats a fact. And i know i'll have to till the day im dirt dust.
Are the waters i claim as quality as good as the lakes i fish in B.C. ...NO...but they never were.
This has been a standing discussion for a long time, be honest the last thread was very similar in nature....so similar you'd need a biologist to examine both threads to separate them.
Maybe after all of this ...im not against the idea...with proper research...maybe im convinced with the amount of fisherman we have now the proposed project is doomed and not possible.
I think also the cart is before the horse. Tales of people hauling stringers of walleye from Travers and PCR....make me wonder
Compare your propossal to striking gold, who and what protects that gold now?

You make very reasonable points. Having everyone agree to share and compromise and not ignore any user group is key to improving fishing over all IMHO. Plus the more people that get hooked on catching more and bigger fish will gravitate to the quality fisheries and any future trophy fisheries and stay away from put and take fisheries.

As for having to lock your truck up...try this security system...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVxHPJ0hM

:-)