View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
good one!looks like 260 will have to meet this challenge. this exercise justifies itself as an exercise. some people want to change it to a still more meaningless long distance group exercise, and sure enough a 500 yard group shows up very impressive 2 feet off the target.

My post was only in response to whiskeywillow's post....not the OP.

Not trying to change anything if you understand why I posted in the first place.

The point of me posting the group on the cardboard from 500 yards was to show a group shot "in a real world scenario" (prone off a bi-pod in field conditions, not off a rest on a bench)....also the original intent of me shooting at the target (if you read my captions) was to determine the bullet drop at 500 yards, so yes of course I would expect the bullets to be 2 feet off target.

In truth I expected them to be about 28 inches off target (notice the green circle....)

The target I posted needs to be taken in the context of the reasons for posting and the reasons for shooting in the first place.

Also judging by the OP's target in his post this excercise is more about prescision only and not accuracy.......so you have to be on the paper but not on the target....

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 02-11-2013 at 07:36 AM.