View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

My post was only in response to whiskeywillow's post....not the OP.

Not trying to change anything if you understand why I posted in the first place.

The point of me posting the group on the cardboard from 500 yards was to show a group shot "in a real world scenario" (prone off a bi-pod in field conditions, not off a rest on a bench)....also the original intent of me shooting at the target (if you read my captions) was to determine the bullet drop at 500 yards, so yes of course I would expect the bullets to be 2 feet off target.

In truth I expected them to be about 28 inches off target (notice the green circle....)

The target I posted needs to be taken in the context of the reasons for posting and the reasons for shooting in the first place.

Also judging by the OP's target in his post this excercise is more about prescision only and not accuracy.......so you have to be on the paper but not on the target....

LC
yes your target is a legitimate excercise especially for yourself since you know what it means but its a response to another post calling into question the legitimacy of the origional excersise which was spelled out and everyone knows what it is. i will be quiet now it appears i am contributing to the obfuscation of this thread