Thread: 530 Bull Moose
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatBoy07 View Post
Not sure if the offer is still up for grabs but I have an early season tag for 530and I am trying to get out as much as possible, going for my first ever moose. I own my own jet boat and know my way around the Clearwater up to Misseutin camp ground no problem. (Don't know the Athabasca going North to well yet) Not looking for anyone's special honey hole just my first moose...If anyone has any tips or help it would be greatly appreciated. I am not opposed to free jet boat rides in my boat or celebratory moose meat for help lol.

As far as fishing goes what do you guys find is working well this time of year?
I wish I had spotted your post when you made it. I would have been happy to get you out my last set of days off. A trip up into the Firebag River for moose this time of the year is always fun and makes for a great trip.

With a late season 530 bull draw I decided to put my boat to bed for the winter before heading back into work. I work a 7x7 shift and I'm tied up my next days off and wouldn't have made it out in the boat so I figured I'd clean it up and move it out of the garage and into the back yard before winter hits. I seem to get caught each year and I hate putting it away damp inside.

I'm free from the 26th to the end of the month. If you haven't found one by close to then PM me. I could probably dig the boat back out for a few days hunting towards the end of the month if the river is still looking good.