View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
$55 for a membership. Sorry dude but if that kind of scratch is a concern you may have the wrong hobby. Do you have any idea what 3D animals cost and what is involved with setup? Do you think the $5 entry fee covers this? The reason its cheap as its provided to the members...who have already contributed. Next time your local club is holding a shoot, go and volunteer and see what is involved. You will have a completely different position on the matter after.
This dude is fully aware...I own an archery shop and run an full indoor and outdoor range...fully aware of 3D animal cost as there are 20 on our range including full size elk etc...we have our own shoots so know whats involved...Not a hobby been bowhunting for 45 plus years...ran Many shoots including many of the very first 3D shoots in Alberta...was the president of several archery clubs since the 70'S and all had open shoots

Most which were originated by local Fish and game clubs...we were all members of our local club but if it was an OPEN shoot and advertised...you didn't have to join that fish and game club that hosted it...or the next shoot by another fish and game club...

Just stated if its a club shoot ..fine...wasn't aware of the $5.00 entry fee etc...but if its a "open" advertised shoot...then all the hassle of getting that membership should be looked at and maybe a reasonable non member fee be looked at..

All the other advertised and open shoots in Alberta DONT require a membership to shoot or participate...

So no I have the same "position on the matter after"

I am sure it was well run and a lot of fun..as well as an awesome way to introduce new and existing members...I merely mentioned if it was to be an "open shoot" to attract more shooters...there may have been a better attendance if the membership was left "open" also...

Neil