View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
the competition is dead, artist retracted his offer. no sweat. you feel P&Y minimums are good trophies with archery...i dont. for me, antler size doesnt change because of the weapon. its just my opinion of course, but a 146 mule does not impress me. i dont care if you killed it by jumping on its back and stabbing it, the antlers wont impress me. a 181 gross 176 net mule however is a good trophy in my opinion. its legend does not grow because i shot it with a bow, nor would it be less of a trophy in my eyes if i had shot it with a rifle. thats part of the reason you wont see my name in the P&Y record book in great numbers. im not stacking up a pile of average animals. in my opinion, P&Y minimums are too low on most species. the 125 for whitetail just doesnt make any sense to me. of course im spoiled growing up in alberta, where 125 is just a little guy and truly big bucks are in good supply. i guess my attitude may be different if i lived in the deep southern US states. the bigger reason you wont find my name in the P&Y records is that i have never entered a trophy into any record book. i have animals that make P&Y, longhunter, the alberta provincial record book and B&C. you've seen most of them. geez i guess id make sci and buckmasters too now that i think of it. the fact is, i have no need to see my name in those books. no sleight to those that have their names listed, i just dont. my friends think im crazy for not entering them, but i dont care. im not alone feeling that way, but to each their own. i do share pics with other hunters because most guys like to see big animals. i know i sure do. its why i submitted material to and appeared in magazines. i love seeing and hearing about other guys success, especially when big trophy animals are involved. and when i look at other guys pics i dont try to demean their success because i dont approve of their clothing. next thing you'll be telling me is pictures in the dark must be from animals i shot from the truck at night.

anyway, it seems as though my point about doubling vertical archery hunters has brought the whole xbow issue to a halt for now and the real issue is clear now. to be honest, i was getting bored with the debate for a while anyhow. ill check the other thread first, but im out on this one. cya in the next thread.
It's too bad, most guys think those record books are first for the animal and the guy second, and most magazines are all about the guy first and the animal second.