View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:46 PM

i have mixed feelings about special interests groups.
fly fish only
closed to ice fishing
bait bans
in some cases what happens to the little kid who wants to or is limited to using a red and white bobber with a good old fashion worm on the end. what happens to the old fellow who has paid his taxes all his hard working life and just wants to sit on lawn chair waiting for his bell to ring. Both those fisherman just want and hope they get a bite, reel a fish in, bonk it for supper in most cases.
I have a simple maybe primitive solution. Our government needs to reward the hard working people with recreation oppurtunities on a equal level. We have way too may fawktard special interest groups sucking up tax dollars not just in the fishing sector. Social groups and look at me look at me groups make me sick. Use our tax dollars to reward the general public.
I also hate seeing new regulations which cost money..........chit who's inforcing those new rules- the 6 game wardens covering southern alberta?
Im not totally against trophy fisheries but im against doing it where the general public has easy access to. You want to be labelled Special you go the extra mile and effort to fish a trophy lake.
Way easier way to make it a trophy special lake.....build a humungous wall that needs a special type person to climb....then all the families with little kids and old veterans cant get near your lake.......that p.s. the people of alberta own.

Last edited by chubbdarter; 12-22-2010 at 02:58 PM.