View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Ok, bow it will be fine guys . Looked at the map the first feeder stream that would appear to hold refuge below the man made wier on the bow river is the highwood. So again where are these fish finding refuge that will allow them free acces to return to the main bow channel. Cause I truthfully cant find it . So on top of the evidence suggested by one of the foremost authority's in western canada its not looking good . Now other than mgt and my self takeing the odd poke wheres the train wreck and this magic spot for the thousand of trout per kilometer in the lower bow. Every ones saying but no one has an answer.
I got off work early and was gonna head down to the river and take pics of where I would think the our fishes could take refuge.....but man o man traffic is heavy. So maybe tomorrow......my worksite is South of Calgary tomorrow....so I'll make a point to stop and check the conditions....if I can get near it.
But the areas Im thinking of are from the Southlands area to the Fish creek areas.
There are several off shoots and tributaries and channel ways (where the pike normally hang out). I would imagine that they are heavily swollen but not violently running?????? Not sure for sure.