View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 12:54 AM

Default Any good or bad things to say about X-Bolts?

Howdy all,

I have been looking at these Hell's Canyon rifles with the 26-inch-long barrels for a while now (since last year, really). And I noticed I look at them pretty much every time I am at the gun counter.

I have never owned or even shot an X-Bolt before, so asking for your opinions here. I really like the way this particular rifle looks, but don't want to buy one just because of it. I read plenty about these rifles on the internet and, with a few exceptions, it seems everyone has mostly good things to say about them. I own a couple of Brownings myself and they do just fine by me.

To be trendy, I am looking at 6.5CM (this not what this thread is about, lol). The reasos I am looking at Creeedmore is because: 1. it is on sale, lol; and 2. I want to see for myself what all the hype/anti-hype is about.

Another question is will I be able to recover a significant portion of my money if I decide to offload it in case I do not like it? Given the sale and the fact that Browning has a rebate thing going on now, I will be saving about $250-$350 off the ticket price. I honestly do not remember if the sale price was $1,299 or $1,199 (probably the former).

This will be a range rifle. It does not really fit the type of hunting I usually do, but I do want to do some long shooting at the range. Of course, if I end up buying it and it shoots to my expectations, I may shoot an animal with it on a field. I doubt it will ever be beyond 500 meters (with any rifle, actually) and the 500 mark is very, veeeery far stretching, even for field.

Anyway, do you have good or bad things to say about these rifles?

P.S. I do not reload, if that makes a difference.

P.P.S. The "trendy" part was a joke, obviously. I could not care less.

Last edited by Bub; 12-22-2018 at 01:02 AM.