View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I have an xbolt hunter version, CM, wood stock, 22", and no big complaints. Nice light unit to carry and it's accurate enough. Brownings synthetic stocks are a step up from most, Tikkas in particular, their ring mounts are solid, but I did have to play with the trigger a bit. Very effective recoil pad apparently. Have had a few people tell me they can't tell their xbolt big mags from their mid cals.

Not a big fan of polymer mags but it hasn't been a problem so far. I do find the lop to be a little short but that's just me. I prefer to be further back of the action with scopes mounted appropriately.

Never looked seriously at the HC because I don't care for the looks of it and a muzzle break on anything under 06, 7mag seems a little silly but to each his own.

Mine will never be my go to. I don't hugely dislike or like. It'll get sold one day and the $$ + used for a gun I really do have some love for and use regularly.

Short story: very decent low mid to mid range rifle. Not a Sako or Cooper but it'll get the job done.
You seem to have overlooked one very important statement in the OP's post

Quote:
This will be a range rifle.
Light weight is not desirable for a range rifle, and while a 3-4lb trigger might be acceptable to some people for a hunting rifle, it is a handicap for a range rifle. As far as a range rifle is concerned, the narrow ,rounded fore end on the Hells Canyon, is also a handicap. The features that make this rife suitable for a hunting rifle, make it a poor choice for a range rifle.