View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 07:56 AM

I shoot a browning x-bolt target in 6.5 cm for about 3 years,it has a 28" heavy barrel.The trigger isn't that bad right around 3 lbs.It is a great shooter to 1000 yards but to heavy for hunting.It has a wide forend on the thumbhole stock.I reload for it and use 139 gr lapua scenars.
I would say that the trigger is probably the most I dislike about it(bin thinking of changing the spring).There is not much for aftermarket stuff for brownings.I have had a few x-bolts in hunting rifles and I did like them.I think they are a fine rifle out of the box but thats all you get.
As was mentioned above the Tikka CTR or Varmit is probably a better choice,just more stuff you can do with them.
I wouldn't hesitate to look at some of the rem 700's,I have bin thinking of buying a barreled action(24" heavy barrel) and a MDT stock witch price wise is right around $1400.Lots of stuff out there for a 700.As was said above you should go with a heavy barrel if you are planning to do more range shooting.I don't think the longer barrel will help you much in the cm other than get you a little more speed.
Good luck