View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
You seem to have overlooked one very important statement in the OP's post

Light weight is not desirable for a range rifle, and while a 3-4lb trigger might be acceptable to some people for a hunting rifle, it is a handicap for a range rifle. As far as a range rifle is concerned, the narrow ,rounded fore end on the Hells Canyon, is also a handicap. The features that make this rife suitable for a hunting rifle, make it a poor choice for a range rifle.

He also mentioned he'd never owned an "Xbolt" before, and I gave my thoughts on a standard version being that they're all cut from similar cloth, minus or plus a few tweaks.

My biggest ponder when buying was the button rifling to be honest. First one I've owned but I guess it's fairly common practice these days.

Actually came back to the post to comment on the forestock on mine. Not sure I like the fatter, rounded, deepish cut but I haven't shot it enough to determine. Maybe get it into a different stock one day. Bought it because it was a CM at a good price and I just had to see what all the fuss was about.

So far I haven't seen anything to merit wetting my pants over vs anything I own in 25-06, 270's or 7mm's.

In fact...naaaa...I won't go there.