View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 10:16 AM

I have a TC encore pro hunter and I started with a TC impact both shoot really well but the hood on the break action on the impact made cleaning a bit of a pain

The TC encore pro hunter I really like and is really comfortable and I would not hesitate to recommend

My buddy has a TC omega which has also treated him well

It is much easier to go with powder pellets and sabots. You can also pre load speed loaders which make reloading faster

Hornady sst (if my memory is right I am not home so can’t check) sabots are nice and smooth to load and shoot well. I found tradition’s sabots a little tight making loading tougher

Accuracy to 150 yards is not an issue if the shooter does their job. I can touch bullets at 150 yards with my encore if I am doing my part. I have a 2x7 scope on my encore

Kick will depend on the load you are shooting but I find a 100grs of powder very reasonable. I bumped up to 150gr powder and 300gr sabot for grizzly/moose this load has scoped a few people to used to a muzzleloader. I my opinion they kick more up than straight back like most rifles

Keep it clean the powder is corrosive. I carry a bore snake a at the min run it through dry after a shot out hunting or after target shooting and then clean properly at home

Think of the modern inline muzzle loaders as mid range single shot rifles that take a little longer to load. Honestly with speed loader I am fairly quick considering

Hope that helps