View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Notice, everyone who has one likes them,those who don't have an opinion.
Which is one of the reasons boards like this exist!

Maybe, I came across in my post different then what I meant.

I never meant I didnt like the .325, only that had his guide had a .270, 30/06 etc. etc. and he hit it the same, it likely would have been flattened just the same.

I'm just not a big fan of (like Dick says) "gucci" cartridges. I would favor a .338 WM over it & like cat (as far as favorites go), I usually use mine more than I leave it at home.

I have shot 2 of them, and the difference in recoil between the .325 & .338 is hardly much of a difference.

Then there are the "I need a short action" crowd, which IMO is hardly worth mentioning, as the differences in weight are hardly noticeable. Then theres the availability of factory rounds & reloading components, if this thought bothers you at all, then imagine being on your Sheep hunt in the YK & needing a box of .325 WSM ammo, anywhere outside of Whitehorse, your likely hooped.

Like mentioned before, I likely wouldnt grab my .338 (or a .325) for sheep, they both will work handily, with power to spare, but I have others to choose from.

Quote:
I like the gap it fills between a 300 and a 338.
not a huge gap, and the .325 is pretty much ballistically a match to the .338 WM...but hey, who needs an excuse for a new iron? not me. Dont imagine you do either sheep nut.

just my musings.