View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I agree with you for the most part, particularily the cost of ammo, but having shot both cartridges extensively from rifles that were virtually identical, the .308 does kick more than the 7, particularily with 180 gr vs 140 gr....not so much with the 150s. For an adult, the difference is probably negligible (or however you spell that damn word!), but for a youth or smaller woman who may be more recoil sensitive, the 7-08 is going to have less flinch effect I believe. Don't get me wrong, the .308 (with reduced loads) would be my for sure second choice to the 7-08 for a young shooter, I love both rounds dearly....I just love the 7 a bit more.
Hmmmm I suppose.... I was shooting a 7-08 with 150 gr bullets tonite back to back with my 11fcxp .308 with 180's and I found very little difference between the 2 besides the gremmlington weighing a bit less and the salvage had a softer rolling thump to it then the 7-08 snap....

Both rifles are kittens even with heavy factory loads....

For a rifle I would suggest to the OP it's really hard to beat the accuracy and price point of a savage axis... The stainless versions are actually quite sharp looking and I haven't seen a savage that won't shoot MOA or better with ammo it likes.... Prices range from 3-4 hundred with a cheap but useable bushnell 3-9

Barring that I really like the remmington model 7 but hear its discontinued and the internal mag is a bit of a pain when truck hunting