View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU375 View Post
I would agree with you except when we all buy rifles we have to give our PALS, If you buy at Cabela's or Bass Pro they are coying that Pal info down on a sheet and that is registered with the stores..wouldnt take anything for the RCMP to demand that the stores provide them that information if they make it a criminal offense to own a semi-automatic rifle. I dont think they will keep it limited to Restricted rifles, they will definately re-classify non-restricted semi's to fall under the criminal code. Its a slippery slope and now that they have the power back they will accelerate the process.
That is not what I have been told for non restricted. At Cabela's I bought a rifle a couple of weeks ago and told the guy that he should have me on file because I had bough several rifles from them. He told me they DO NOT retain the record (of who bought which rifle) because of the privacy act. He seemed knowledgeable and said he was ex-RCMP. Actually had a pretty good chat with the guy. Can anyone confirm?