View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
The only way such a "ban" could work is what they did in Australia buy the guns from the owners at +50% of retail. Most owners were happy with the compensation they received.
One Aussie told me his Dad left home pizzed off with his favorite semi auto shotgun, came home happy as a clam with two over and unders. The registry was only a ploy to take an inventory of all the firearms in peoples possession so they could confiscate them for free it had nothing to do with public safety or law enforcement.

Down under the guys are not happy about giving up their semi's however the hunting and shooting is still going strong.
I don't know where you are getting your info but this is NOT what I was told by a firearm owning Aussie that I'm friends with. He never got paid for one firearm that he turned in and had to fight for a couple of others. He also told me that the appraisal value placed on the firearms was ridiculous with people receiving $500 for $1000 rifles. The only people that made anything were people that had old, rusted pieces of junk that were basically worthless but they got something for them. Justin isn't going to give you $1K for a mini 14, no way. $500 maybe.

I'm glad that I sold all of mine.