View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 06:19 PM

True on the Marcums as far as good service but tell someone in January they have to send their flasher off for the second or third time. Being the store manager guess who gets the mud thrown at them. Sorry guys they make a great unit but I would need a lot of convincing before I bought one. Between customers like described and sending a pile back on a skid 2 years in a row I am not ready to endorse yet. Very few HBird issues and nil on Vex which is probably where I would buy. More money but there are many running for years and work great too. Just my own opinion first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
They don't have the 2nd "cord" anymore which was just a piece that they used to circumvent patents from what I understand. Most guys just took it off as it didn't really do anything.

I know multiple guys with birds that haven't had any issues and I don't remember any coming in last winter either when I worked at the Fishin' Hole. I broke my gain knob off mine but that was my own fault for not securing it in the sled better on a 50+ km rough snowmobile ride on Lake Athabasca and I just ordered the part from Mikes Reel Repair in Abbottsford and fixed it myself.

The worst ones for dependability are the Marcum's from what I have seen but they have good customer service and usually stand behind their products.