View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 10:24 AM

Default Who has a Labradar?

I have a LabRadar and really like it for all of the reasons given above. I have not used a Magnetospeed so can't comment although we know anything hanging off the end of a barrel will affect POI.

If you intend to measure velocity of any sub-sonic projectiles, you will need a trigger microphone sold for this purpose (~CDN$70).

I've also found that my unit is very sensitive to the type of memory card installed. I tried a new microSD card which seemed to conform to the LabRadar specs, but my unit just locked up. I'm now just using the internal memory and downloading to my computer through the USB port.

Internal AA batteries will run down fairly quickly, at least I haven't found them to last more than a few hours. Different features can be turned off to improve battery life (e.g., the display screen), but then the convenience goes down. I just take a deep cycle battery with me, plunk it down next to the bench and power my unit through a USB adapter.

Finally, I bought my unit through WASP Munitions in Sylvan Lake, AB. Unit arrived in Sherwood Park by Canada Post two days after I ordered it. Hope this helps.

Joe.