View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBomber View Post
I did the firmware update and run it from my iPad. Works fine, I actually don't find the new app that much help. I didnt seem to have a problem arming mine from the bench or prone like others talk about.

I do download the files to my computer, you can actually gain some good data from each shots file, many more data points available and you can actually calculate a decently close bc from that.

I also found that the muzzle velocity is off 1-2fps from where the measured velocities show. For instance two shots may show the same velocity measured 10/20/30 yards but the calculated MV off by 2fps.
I would appreciate more specific information and reports regarding -

-new features and/or problems corrected with firmware update?
-'problem arming from the bench or prone'?

and especially
-data points available on screen and additional data points only available by download?
-specific procedures used to transfer data into Excel?
-specific procedures and formulas used to calculate BC?
and OP #1 GKha statement regarding
-'real analysis done in excel'?

IMHO chrono data is always relative, and value is dependent on specific methods of analysis.
We often discuss different instruments, but fail to properly communicate how to best use the data & information possible to collect.

My current Excel spreadsheet system of all shots loaded and fired, contains >50 data points.
I have found that Excel graphs are very helpful to visualize and reveal nodes during load development.

Good Luck, YMMV.