View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
I would appreciate more specific information and reports regarding -

-new features and/or problems corrected with firmware update?
-'problem arming from the bench or prone'?

and especially
-data points available on screen and additional data points only available by download?
-specific procedures used to transfer data into Excel?
-specific procedures and formulas used to calculate BC?
and OP #1 GKha statement regarding
-'real analysis done in excel'?

IMHO chrono data is always relative, and value is dependent on specific methods of analysis.
We often discuss different instruments, but fail to properly communicate how to best use the data & information possible to collect.

My current Excel spreadsheet system of all shots loaded and fired, contains >50 data points.
I have found that Excel graphs are very helpful to visualize and reveal nodes during load development.

Good Luck, YMMV.
I read several complaints of guys having trouble arming the unit when shooting - they cant reach the "arm" button. I found my unit reads just fine even when setup even or behind my bipod- where I can reach the arm button. I also run an external battery and set my arm time for 240seconds. Never had an issue. The app allows you to arm the unit remotely.

The one addition that they should have included in the app was going back and adding shots to a string. Once you start a new string there is no going back to add more shots.

I run most of my data over to excel. I run the labradar for most of my shooting. I track my es/sd over several shooting sessions. A few rifles I have tracked well over 50 rounds for. I also compare my data for the optimal barrel time calculations, actually surprizing that my most consistent loads from ladder testing have ended up very close in speed to the obt calcs show.

Here is a thread from another forum that has some good information as well. https:// http://www.longrangehunting.com/thre...-works.202475/