View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 04:30 PM

I enjoy your videos - there's a lot of enthusiasm and love for fishing that shows through. Probably some misconceptions about YouTube contribute to these misunderstandings. I know from my kid that YT has demonetized so much that you need a very large subscriber base (10,000 <) to even get any $ and an a solely huge base to make it profitable. Like this is crazy:

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/eve...rs%20or%20more

Making less than $17,000 per year notwithstanding bringing in 1.4 million views per month! As my son told me, only PewDewPie (Swedish YT guy with most subs) and YouTube are making money off it.

If I had one suggestion it would be for a little more help/instruction. It's probably stuff that you don't even think about but I would be interested in your thought process. Why are you fishing there? Why did you pick that lure or fly? What sort of presentation are you making? Where do you expect the fish to be? Etc. I'm not asking that you post GPS for the location and give every last specific detail but maybe along the lines of:

"hey this is an Alberta stream in Zone PP1, the water is high as it's early June, we've had some rain and I'm going to fish spinners deep against this bank where I expect fish will be holding and maybe later do some nymphing with a point + dropper fly and some split-shot to get it deep."

For someone new to fly-fishing that information is useful without giving away the whole game. For myself, I haven't done much spin-fishing since I was a kid (whereas I've done quite a bit of fly-fishing) so I'm trying to figure out what line (braided vs mono vs fluoro), how to rig my terminal tackle (slip-bobber vs slip-weight vs pickerel rig vs Lindy rig) and how to go about selecting the most likely to succeed lure (crankbait vs spoon vs jig vs top-water spinners). Probably most of that is second nature to you but for others, like myself, these are things we're trying to learn.

Anyways, great videos, interesting stuff, love your enthusiasm and please teach me a little bit more about spin-fishing approaches and techniques.

#tightlines