View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread, meant to put it here.

One thing about running a half decent U-tube channel though, is it takes a ton of shameless and relentless self promotion. So if you are willing to put in the work, great... but one also needs to accept that if they become the online version of that hardcore AMWAY guy that we all knew back in 90's, your going to get roughly the same reaction from the people you repeatedly attempt to solicit.

The OP is willing to make the vids, and he's willing to flog them... that's going to make him some friends, as well as some people that go the other way when they see him in the grocery store. He needs to come to terms with that.

You ever go out for a few brews with your buddies, and there's that one guy who won't quit trying to sell you insurance? As an avid U-tuber, in the context of this forum, you are that guy. Some of us like what you are pushing, others ignore it, and some of us find it irritating. In the end none of us has the authority to make you stop, but I do believe a few of the boys just expressed the opinion that poker night would be a little more fun without you.

Once again, its a roll one needs to come to terms with when they decide they want to be a u-tuber. You need not excuse your position, and I need not excuse mine.
EX friend of mine once asked me out for a beer. It was just him trying to pitch me some dumb multi level marketing pyramid scheme.

FRIENDS OFF lol

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife