View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolan View Post
I was hoping to get some advice on the best sheep hunting boots. I currently use a good pair of mountaineering boots but they are getting worn out. They have a full steel shank (super stiff) and were great in lots of situations. However, they are heavy. What does everyone think? Anyone have a favorite make/model?
Gnolan,

Schnees hunter boot pacs with a bama sock. I use the 12 inch tops with the bob sole. Schnee's are located in Bozeman, Montana. When the soles wear out you just simply send them back and they resew a new bottom onto the top at a reduced price. Check to see if Schnees is on the web.

Also Acton boot pacs with a bama sock. They are virtually the same as Schnees but are Canadian made and have a vee grip bottom. Hard to find though but Henry's western Wear in Rocky Mountain House carries them. You may have to order them if Henry does not have your size in stock.

I used Acton's all the time but they were hard to get sometimes so I switched to Schnees. I prefer the Schnees over the Actons, but they are virtually equal, just personal preference I guess combined with the personal service you get from Schnees. Schnees really looks after you.

Rafter