View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 04:30 PM

Default Awesome new knife from Phil McCracken!

Hey folks, just thought I’d share my experience with Phil McCracken and my new knife. I’ve been investing in better gear like boots and a pack so I figured a quality knife was next instead of cheap can tire buck knives from now on. I’ve followed his work through pictures and details on AO’s knife thread and it was apparent he knew what he was doing. I figured a semi skinner would be an effective knife for butchering, caping and skinning in my upcoming guiding career not too far away and for now, my personal backcountry hunts. I went with:

Semi skinner design
1084 carbon steel (25 degree angle blade)
Orange G10 liner
Polished walnut dymalux handle
Brass pins
Tan kydex sheath with belt loop.

The blade handles very well in the hand and hair popping sharp. I’m eager to get out and put it to use on a bear this year.

I was very impressed and so was the rest of my family. Communications were absolutely excellent and he explained every part of the process and broke things down to a point where I could understand haha. He’s a great guy with an apparent talent in knife making. Very affordable for the quality that your getting, so folks… if your needing a quality knife, you know who to get in touch with.