View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 AM

Default Minn Kota - Endura vs Max

I'm in the market to get an electric trolling motor, yet I'm really not sure what I really need and want. I noticed the price difference between the Minn Kota Max and the Endura, and I'd imagine theres quite a bit of difference in power.

I currently have a 14' fiberglass boat, but I'm going to get a 16' someday in the next couple of years. So, I'd think it would be better to get a trolling motor thats for a 16' boat.

I've used the 'select a motor' feature at Minn Kota.com, but its hard to use. Its almost always windy where I fish so I'd like to have more power then I need, but I'd think a . I'm not sure I can or would want to spend $500 for one, but the $200-$250 is the most I'd like to spend.

I seen a couple 30 lbs thrust Minn kota's in the paper for $100. I have two batteries from a semi, that I hope to use but they've been on the ground for 4 months. Anyways, I wondered if it would be better to have 2 30 lbs motors, or one 44 lbs? I could fab up something to let you steer both in unison, or attach them to the OB motor so I could steer with the steering wheel.

I'm just looking for some advice from you guys who own them. Anyone use or have used the "engine mount" electric trolling motors?

Last edited by PlayDoh; 06-22-2008 at 10:39 AM.