View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Less than $200 and a ton of ammo on stripper clips all for less than $500. How can you miss.

I think that they would kill deer just fine. They go bang every time.

The rub is as you age, among other things that don't work so well is eyesight, my tri focals were not designed for this. I'm not going to shoot game with this, but I would like a sight. Is it possible and what is the advice? Thanks.

Without out a scope the young lads will get to shoot all of gramp's ammo, and I wouldn't like that!
Unfortunatly, no -- not without a lot of work.

Do not listen to people who tell you it is possible. There are two common scope mounts for the SKS. Actually, three. One is a replacement rear reciever cover with a rail on it, and if you file it to be ULTRA precise this is the best way to do it, but it will never be perfect and never hold true. There is a 'scout mount' that replaces the flip up sight and might work, but it's too far from your face and a gas tube mount as well. I filed mine to be a super tight fit and had a red dot there for awhile but I went back to the irons.

The SKS is . . not a fancy weapon for scopes or excessive gear. It's not a fancy lady you whine and dine and spend a ton of money on, but more the cheap hooker you bang (pun intended) repeatedly and can't stop going back to because it's economical and fun.

You CAN get a side mount scope drilled into it, but it is not worth the cost and effort on this gun.

Also, don't listen to people who crap on the SKS because it's 'overly cheap' etc. Mine has accounted for a goodly number of deer and the best thing is, I'm not afraid to bang it around a bit in the bush.

Cheers.

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC