Thread: Delete
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund rebel View Post
Don't have to carry gas/ or have to make premix
For those guys who are running propane augers, I have to ask...is the gas *really* that big of an issue? Not having to mix gas is often one of the first points that come up with propane augers, but I really don't see how it's that big of a problem...I fill up my 5L tank once at the beginning of the season and I'm set. Top up the auger once every few outings and that's it. How many 1lb tanks would an average fisherman go through in a season?

The idea of not choking yourself out while drilling in the tent is nice, but as I see it, that's the only real possible upside.

Having to either keep your propane bottles warm, or put on the little jacket with hand warmers on them seems like kind of a pain as well.

This of course is all theoretical and based on what I've read - mainly on AO...I don't know anybody who's actually made the move over to the propane auger yet...maybe when I see one in action I'll be sold on it, but for now I'll stick with my gassers

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams